SPO20002 Sport Clubs and Facilities Management
Unit code: SPO20002
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit focuses on operational issues involved in the management of sporting and recreational facilities as well as major events. Issues include planning and design; staffing; organisational structures; risk management; and programming and fiscal control as it applies to local, state and national standard sporting facilities and events.
- Introduction to sport and recreational facilities and event management
- Key success factors of operating sports facilities and running sports events
- Planning new sports facilities and events: feasibility analysis and market research
- Developing new sports facilities: design and construction issues
- Operating the new sport facility: preparing event management infrastructure
- Basic marketing to attracting participants and members sports facility and sports events
- Measuring facility and event performance: impact on and for stakeholders
This unit is found in Bachelor of Business With a Major in Sports Management.