PSY30014: Applied Social Psychology
The aim of this unit is to introduce students to basic principles, concepts, theories and research in social psychology, and to explore how this knowledge can be applied in real-world contexts such as the law, health, sports, the environment, education, and work.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Describe methods used in social psychology for the development of basic and applied knowledge
2. Explain how social psychology theories apply to social issues and contexts
3. Apply social psychological knowledge critically to real world problems
4. Analyse social problems with the use of concepts and theories from social psychology
5. Identify cultural and cross-cultural differences in the understanding of social issues