Leadership Practice and Skills
Become an expert at strategic thinking and performing in challenging environments. This unit will equip you with the skills necessary to lead in a sustainable workplace.
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: MGT30008
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to introduce key theories and debates relating to leadership traits, behaviours and approaches to influencing organisational culture and outcomes. Different models of leadership are explored using a case based comparative perspective.
- Management and leadership
- Leadership as a social influence process
- A range of approaches to leadership, including trait approaches, behavioural theories, contingency theory and alternative perspectives
- Complexity and leadership
- Leading in a changing environment and planning for the future
- Trust-sensitive leadership
- Virtual leadership
- Sustainable leadership
- Application of different leadership theories and frameworks to identify/compare leadership challenges and responses
- A comparative study of organisational environments and their implications for effective leadership across public sector, private sector, not-for-profit and non-government organisations
View further information on this unit.