BUS30024: Advanced Innovation Business Practice
Unit code: BUS30024
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
Advanced Innovative Business Practice is the first of the two mandatory capstone units of the Bachelor of Business. In this unit, you will consolidate past learning, with important issues discussed earlier in the program, being revisited in cross-disciplinary contexts. Contemporary Innovation theories, models and frameworks will be infused into established business and management paradigms to facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing today’s business. Through this holistic application you will be able to analyse and evaluate business problems in order to offer practical, innovative and creative solutions which display awareness of the impact of such decisions on the organisation’s triple bottom line, that is, people, planet and profit.
- Contemporary innovation frameworks and business models to facilitate creative problem solving
- Practical application of disciplinary knowledge to business contexts
- Ethical business practices
- Stakeholder considerations
- Integrated reporting factors
- Cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Professional team dynamics and team performance
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Reflective examination of personal learning
This unit is found in Bachelor of Business With a Major in Accounting, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Business Administration, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Management, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Marketing, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Sports Management, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.