How To Use Tumblr
To create your first blog, all you need to do is sign up for a Tumblr account. The username you choose when signing up will be your Tumblr identity, and it will appear in the URL of your primary blog.
For example, if you choose to sign up as ‘belindaswriting’, then your primary Tumblr blog will be located at belindaswriting.tumblr.com.
1. In your web browser, go to www.tumblr.com.
2. Enter your email address, a password and your chosen username.
If you enter a username that’s already being used by someone else, a list of similar names appear. Choose one of these by clicking on it, or type a different name.
3. Once you’ve entered an available username, click Sign up.
An age verification page appears.
1. In the How old are you field, type your age, and tick the box to agree to the Terms of Service.
2. Click Next.
3. Type the text that appears in the image, and click Almost Done!
A gallery of blogs appears.
4. Choose five blogs to follow by clicking the Follow button in the top right hand corner of the blog. You can always unfollow them later.
If none of the blogs look interesting to you, you can use the search box to find blogs covering different topics.
1. When you’ve chosen your five blogs to follow, click See it!
Your dashboard appears, showing posts from the blogs you’re following. To learn more about using your dashboard, see Your dashboard.
2. Finally, verify your email address by logging in to the email account you used to sign up for Tumblr. Open the email from Tumblr Support and click the link to verify your email.
You’re now ready to customize your blog, or just start posting.