How To Use Tumblr
Picking a theme is the easy way to quickly make your Tumblr blog look the way you want. There are hundreds of themes to choose from, and all you need to do is choose one and apply it to your blog.
If you don’t like any of the themes, you can stick with the default style.
1. In the Edit theme panel on the left of the Customize page, click Browse themes.
2. Scroll through the list of themes until you see one you think you might like. Click on the theme to take a closer look at how it will look when applied to your blog.
If you haven’t posted anything on your blog yet, the preview will include some sample posts to give you an idea of what it will look like once you start posting.
3. When you’ve decided on a theme, click Use to apply it to your blog.
The Edit theme panel reappears to the left of your blog.
4. If you want to make any changes to the look or behaviour of the theme, you can change any of the settings in the Appearance options and Theme options sections of the Edit theme panel.
If you don’t want to make any changes to the theme, click Save.
Personalise your theme
Once you’ve chosen a theme for your blog, you can customize some elements of it. These elements are listed in the Edit theme panel on the left side of the Customize page.
Depending on the theme you choose, you might be able to choose text colours, background colours, a header image, fonts, and whether to show your blog’s title, description and avatar.
You can also choose how your blog is set up. Depending on your theme, you might be able to choose whether your blog posts will be displayed linearly or in a grid, and whether posts will be automatically loaded when you scroll through the blog.
Add pages to your blog
As well as your normal blog posts, you can add other pages to your blog. For example, you might want to add an ‘About me’ page to let your readers know more about you.
1. To add a page, click Add a page in the Edit theme panel of the Customize page. The Add a page panel appears.
2. Click in the URL section, and type the web address you want to use for the page.
3. In the text fields, enter a page title and any text or images you want to include.
4. If you want the page to be accessible from the menu on your blog, select the Show a link to this page option.
5. Check how the page will look once published by clicking Update Preview. The preview on the right panel will be updated.
6. When you’re happy with the page content and how it looks, click Save. The page is now available at the web address you chose in step 2.