Swinburne Student Charter
Expectations of Swinburne
Students will be supported in their learning through:
- Course content, facilities, resources, educational technologies and learning activities that are up-to-date and relevant
- Teaching staff who are well prepared and use appropriate methods and technologies to maximise opportunities for learning and scholarship.
- Academic support that gives feedback on progress, provides opportunities to improve academic performance and skills and helps students in difficulty
- Access to the information needed for successful study
- Opportunities for industry, research, community and international experiences
- Access to other student support services for personal and other difficulties.
- Timely, advance scheduling of teaching activities to allow students to plan their timetables for study and engagement in activities that support progression and complement their studies
- Respect and courtesy to students
- Opportunities to provide feedback on the student experience at Swinburne.
Expectations of students
Students are expected to:
- Attend formal learning activities punctually, and participate actively and positively in their own learning
- Engage with their studies, including all self-directed learning tasks, and meet assessment requirements and administrative deadlines
- Monitor their own progress and use feedback from staff to improve learning
- Be accountable for their own learning
- Work responsibly and collaboratively to achieve study outcomes that require group activity, and avoid behaviour that interferes with the study experience of others
- Be honest and respectful
- Treat other students and staff with honesty, respect and courtesy in a safe manner, and refrain from harassing them or discriminating against them
- Respect University property and facilities, including library, computing and laboratory resources, and recognise the right of others to use these facilities and services
- Demonstrate professional behaviour while undertaking industry placements, projects or fieldwork, and respect the privacy of the client and any commercial information made available.
The Swinburne Student Charter is part of the People, Culture and Integrity Policy.