Duration: 1 teaching period
Unit Code: COS10005
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit introduces the technology of the internet to develop an understanding of the technologies associated with programming for the online environment.
- Web concepts: definition, history and fundamental concepts
- Introduction to HTML, CSS and web development processes
- HTML5: logical document structure, syntax, images, links, maps, tables, frames, forms
- W3C standards, validation
- Design, layout and usability: principles of navigation, usability, page style guides, standards
- Protocols and server technology: HTTP, TCP/IP, MIME, URI, DNS
- Interactivity: DOM, and some evolving technologies forms processing, common tasks
- Style sheets: fundamentals, CSS formatting, CSS positioning, standards
- Web design and usability: principles of navigation, usability, style guides, standards
- Introduction to XML: syntax, DTDs, XSL, applications
This unit is found in the Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology.
View further information on this unit.