Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU30059
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit is preparing pre-service teachers to plan, teach and assess digital technologies and design within in the primary classroom. Pre-service teachers will gain knowledge of the principles, practices and curriculum content and key concepts of teaching digital technologies and design and technologies. Additionally, contemporary issues when teaching digital and design and technologies will also be considered.
Students who complete this unit successfully will be able to:
- Teach, plan and assess key digital technologies and design and technologies concepts and curriculum content appropriate for primary school environments.
- Evaluate pedagogical approaches in teaching and learning of digital technologies in the Primary classroom, including cross-disciplinary approaches.
- Evaluate and generate learning experiences that reflect relevant National and/or State or Territory curriculum documentation and reflect contemporary pedagogical approaches.
- Evaluate digital technologies and design and technology resources with a focus on student engagement.
- Evaluate a range of assessment and reporting strategies and record keeping instruments within digital technologies and design and technologies in terms of their purpose, benefits, limitations and implementation constraints.
- Analyse how the broader theoretical and societal context impacts upon the teaching of digital technologies and design and technologies.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary).
View further information on this unit.