Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: MGT30005
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit focuses on deepening students’ knowledge and skills in strategic planning by providing a practical and critical approach to formulating and implementing corporate, business and functional strategies. Through application of theoretical frameworks to real-world information, students will learn how strategic approaches can be aligned and integrated with business planning. Learning from this unit enables and guides decision making in both the domestic and global environments. This unit will prepare students to respond to challenging environments, take advantage of emerging opportunities, and encourage strategic thinking to develop an effective and sustainable organisational strategy.
- strategic competitive analysis
- strategy formulation
- strategy evaluation and control
- developing strategic capability
- corporate strategy and innovation
- strategic management, technology and innovation
- game theory and business strategy
- strategy in international context
- emerging issues in strategic management
- linking corporate and business strategies, such as workforce strategy
View further information on this unit.