Building Sport Brands
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: SPO20001
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
Equip yourself with the essential knowledge sports managers use to promote their sport, club, team, code, association or event, in a highly competitive market.
About this unit
This unit introduces marketing as an integral part of sport business, the delivery of sport services and the building of sport brands. In the sporting environment, there is a growing need to understand the roles of marketing and branding, and how they may be applied at diverse levels of sport, and for different types of organisations. This unit provides the principles and tools for sports marketing, utlising a strategic sport marketing process, that represents the essential knowledge that managers require to favourably position their sport organisation, club or team, code, event or related service in the highly competitive sport market.
- Introduction to sport marketing and brands
- Strategic sport-marketing processes
- Sport consumers, research and strategy
- Sport brands, products and services
- Sport and pricing strategies
- Distribution: place and media distribution in sport
- Sport promotion
- Sport sponsorship
- Implementation, ethics and future trends in sport marketing.