Secure Remote Access Networks
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: TNE30012
About this unit
This unit is designed to teach students to develop an in-depth understanding of network security principles as well as the tools and configurations available. The unit provides a theoretically rich, hands-on introduction to network security, in a logical sequence driven by technologies.
Topics may include:
- modern network security threats
- securing network devices
- authentication, authorisation and accounting
- implementing firewall technologies
- implementing intrusion prevention
- securing the local area network
- implementing virtual private networks
- managing a secure network.
View further information on this unit.