Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: SCM30001
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit introduces students to the complexities of transportation management. The management of transportation is considered in the wider context of the business activities and its interaction with the environment, considering issues of sustainability as well as efficiency.
- Important issues in domestic and global transportation
- Transport planning and operations
- Transport infrastructure and regulations
- Selection of carriers and third party suppliers
- Costing associated with transportation
- Transportation strategies
- Use of IT in transportation
- Transportation needs of ports and terminal operators.