Public Relations Theory and Practice
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: PUB20002
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to introduce students to the principles, theories, models, roles and approaches of public relations by examining the basic definition(s), perceptions, relevant concepts, and application fields of the profession.
- The historical development of public relations
- The nature of contemporary public relations activity
- Application of communication theories to public relations practice
- The fields of public relations practice, including business, government and non-government organisations
- Roles and responsibilities of the public relations practitioner, including social, organisational, administrative, cultural, ethical and legal responsibilities
- Examination of public relations practice through case studies.