Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU80052
Contact Hours: 8-10 hours per week
About this unit
Through self-directed learning, pre-service teachers develop depth of pedagogical content knowledge and understanding in one primary learning area chosen from; English, Mathematics, Humanities, Science or Technology. Pre-service teachers identify and discuss a range of pedagogical strategies appropriate to their chosen primary specialisation and develop in depth understanding of the relevant curriculum framework with regard to their area of specialisation.
In this unit, pre-service teachers will conduct a case study research project to investigate pedagogical practices in their area of specialisation during their professional placement. This unit supports pre-service teachers in becoming leaders and innovators in their area of primary specialisation within educational settings.
- Contemporary approaches to curriculum, pedagogical practice and learning environments in chosen area of specialisation
- Research-informed practice
- Teacher pedagogical content knowledge
- National curricula and policy frameworks
- Assessment and data literacy