Leadership for Innovation
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: ORG80008
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit is designed to provide students with skills and practice that are critical in leading innovative and entrepreneurial activities and ventures in established organisations. Its focus is the individual and collective leadership behaviours and practices that enable organisations to develop innovative teams and cultures, and successfully establish and sustain high growth entrepreneurial initiatives. It is intended that students are able to apply effective thinking and practice in a range of organisational, industry and cultural contexts.
- Overview of leadership issues in relation to innovation in the context of established organisations
- Leadership capability self assessment
- Creating energy in self and teams for innovation and change
- Holding and managing the tension of competing corporate mind-sets
- Influencing culture to innovate
- Strategic relationship management
- Ethical and sustainable leadership
View further information on this unit.