Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: ORG60001
Contact Hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to provide a strong insight into and experience of leadership, followership and cross-functional and cross-cultural teams. It entails an understanding and experience of teamwork as the key to working with the complexity of contemporary business and enterprise in the 21st century, whether global or local.
Students learn to understand a strategic perspective of organisations embedded in global dynamics. They are able to use business competencies in order to exercise socially responsible leadership and followership in teams. They are able to learn how to learn.
- Understanding the leadership choice
- Performing in multi-functional/cultural teams
- Group development and decision making; awareness of group and inter-group processes as they occur (both conscious and unconscious)
- Reflective practice: observing, generalising and applying learning to organisational settings
- Systemic thinking: an introduction to organisation dynamics
- The process of opportunity evaluation
- Relevance of Self and other awareness, psychological presence and teamwork for entrepreneurs