ORG30003 Sustainable Organisational Design
About this unit
The unit explores the nature of organisations and organisation theory in complex contemporary environments. Representative themes include the exploration of the structural dimensions of organisations; how organisational design accommodates a stakeholder approach; and the need for organisational design to respond to emergent local and global agendas. The implications of emergent organisational design for culture, ethical values, learning, performance, collaboration and leadership will also be considered.
- Critique of traditional organisational design paradigms
- Open systems, holistic thinking and organisational design
- Inter-organisational relationships and collaborative networks
- Organisational eco-systems and the changing role of management
- Social capital building across diverse groups, organisations and institutions
- Achieving shared understanding through knowledge generation, mediation and transfer.