MKT30016 Marketing Strategy and Planning
About this unit
This unit develops a student's analytical and creative skills in using appropriate tools to take a product or service and prepare a comprehensive strategy and plan to deliver the desired results for a business. To do this, students will be able to select, using rational selection criteria, an appropriate strategy that will perform best in the dynamic competitive context of a business's global environment.
- Introduction to marketing strategy and planning
- Conducting a detailed situation analysis including industry and market analyses
- Linking planning with strategic development: Setting marketing objectives
- Developing strategic competitive advantage
- Customer profiling, targeting and positioning
- Developing product, brand, pricing, distribution and marketing communication strategies
- Frameworks to measure progress and performance
- Control and implementation of the marketing plan
This unit is found in Bachelor of Business With a Major in Marketing.