MGT30015 Marketing and Communication Information and Decision Making
About this unit
This unit examines the information and decision making in which organisations most commonly engage in relation to developing effective marketing and communication. The content reflects the key information areas that companies invest most of their market research budget and managerial input into capturing, interpreting and actioning.
In this regard the Marketing and Communication Information and Decision Making unit imparts understanding and practical experience in critical aspects of research information and decision making in contemporary business contexts.
Initially the unit considers trends in marketing research, as well as internal company market information strategies, as well as the information challenges posed by international and emerging markets.
In terms of authentic learning experiences the unit provides training in the use and interpretation of data generated from the most popular areas of contemporary market research, including segmentation, brand health tracking, service quality and customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and internal audits, retail audits, advertising and media research, as well as other research activities that support marketing and communication functions.
Marketing and Communication Information and Decision Making unit is fundamentally distinct from other Marketing Research units, and indeed Marketing Research textbooks, that focus primarily upon generic research processes and methodological considerations.
Marketing information management and organisational decision making
Trends and the growing significance on marketing and communication information
Overcoming information challenges posed by international and emerging markets
Marketing and Communication Information and Decision Making in relation to:
- Improving customer satisfaction and service quality
- Measuring and improving brand health relative to competition
- Retail audits for effective portfolio and category management and channel strategy
- Understanding consumer attitudes and behaviour
- Idea generation for products and communications
- Developing and improving the product offering
- Designing effective promotions and adverts
- Evaluating advertising impact and media tracking
- Developing appropriate prices
- Effective outlet design and merchandising formats
- Effective market segmentation