Strategic Planning in Dynamic Environments
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: MGT30005
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit focuses on deepening students’ knowledge and skills in strategic management by providing a practical and critical approach to formulating and implementing corporate, business and functional strategies. It is multidisciplinary, focusing on decision making in both the domestic and global environments. Through application of theoretical frameworks to practical cases, students will learn how strategic approaches can be aligned and integrated with major business targets through building and sustaining social capital to achieve strategic goals.
This unit will prepare students to respond to a challenging socio-economic environment, take advantage of emerging opportunities, and to put in place processes, people, and systems to develop an effective and sustainable organisational strategy. The unit is designed to promote robust discussions based on real-world scenarios.
- Strategic competitive analysis
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Strategy evaluation and control
- Developing strategic capability
- Corporate strategy and innovation
- Strategic management, technology and innovation
- Game theory and business strategy
- Strategy in international context
- Strategy in non-profit and public sector organisation
- Emerging issues in strategic management
View further information on this unit.