Business of Media
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: MDA20001
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
Business of Media explores the diversity of business models that operate behind both traditional and emerging forms of media. Through a series of case studies, the unit explores the strengths and weaknesses of various models, contextualised within an analytical framework that focuses on key drivers of media evolution such as globalisation, digitalisation, mobilisation, and personalisation.
- Media economics
- Business models for media
- Understanding the audience
- Ownership and the politics of media control
- Challenges and opportunities in Social Media
- Disruptive Innovation
- Trends in media personalisation.