Marketing and Innovation
Duration: 1 teaching period
Unit Code: MKT20031
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to introduce students to the process of product/service development, starting from idea generation which should be aimed at satisfying consumers’ current and latent needs, to building prototypes with the aim of improving the customer experience, and ultimately bringing the innovation to the market place.
- Sources and types of innovation
- Technology and digitalisation as platforms of innovation
- New product/service development process
- Market adoption, diffusion of innovation, and protection of innovation
- Customer experience and blueprint
- Service dominant logic
- Roles of customers, front-line employees and leadership in co-/creating and managing innovation
- Quality dimensions and analysis of gaps between expectation and delivery
- The ethical and social impact of marketing practices on the development of experience-focused innovation
View further information on this unit.