Managing Workplace Relations
Duration: 1 teaching period
Unit Code: HRM20017
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
Explore and apply key elements of legislation in the context of human resource management of ethical, practical and political issues.
This unit will equip you with the understanding of major industrial relations theories to nurture relationships with employees and stakeholders in Australia.
- Current Australian developments in workplace reform
- Industrial relations changes that have occurred at both the macro level and micro level
- Current legislation related to Australian workplaces in particular the Fair Work Act 2009, Equal Opportunity Act (Vic) 2010, OH&S
- Privacy and other relevant pieces of legislation
- Problem solving approaches to Enterprise Bargaining: distributive, integrative and intra-organisational bargaining
- Models of flexibility: functional, numerical, temporal locational, financial and the impact on key stakeholders
- Alternative theoretical approaches to understanding and problem solving in industrial relations.