Literacy and Numeracy Across the Curriculum
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU30069
Contact Hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit provides pre-service teachers with a diversity of skills and in-depth knowledge related to literacy and numeracy within the context of Australian schools and curriculum. By engaging in student-directed inquiry into their chosen subject areas, pre-service teachers will analyse and synthesise understanding of the literacy and numeracy demands and conventions of these areas, and plan for literacy and numeracy development within their subject teaching. This learning will be critically analysed through group responses to scenarios, reinforcing the position that all teachers are teachers of literacy and numeracy, regardless of their teaching specialisation and context.
- New media and technological literacy
- Literacy and numeracy as a cross-curriculum priority and general capability
- Mathematical literacy
- Effective teaching of literacy and numeracy
- Effective assessment of literacy and numeracy
- Students with additional needs in literacy and numeracy
View further information on this unit.