Corporations and Contract Law
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: LAW60003
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
The general aim of this core unit is to enable students to gain an understanding of the law applicable to contracts and companies that are employed in the modern business environment. In particular the primary focus is on the contracting activities and its repercussions relating to businesses and entrepreneurial activities. The operations of the Corporations Act2001 (Cth) which regulate the activities of companies, company officers and shareholders also take significance in this unit.
- Topic 1: The Australian Legal System, Formation of Contract
- Topic 2: Terms of Contract
- Topic 3: Validity of Contract
- Topic 4: Termination of a Contract and Remedies
- Topic 5: Characteristics of a Company & its Constitution
- Topic 6: Company’s Relations with Outsiders including Company Contracts
- Topic 7: Directors’ Duties
- Topic 8: Members’ Remedies and Company Insolvent Trading
View further information on this unit.