Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: COS30019
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit is designed to give students a broad outline of algorithmic problem solving and the basic concepts of artificial intelligence. It is assumed that students already have good programming skills in at least one of the programming languages Java/C/C++.
Topics may include:
- Introduction to artificial intelligence and intelligent agents
- Introduction to logic and reasoning
- Uninformed and informed search
- Knowledge representation
- Expert systems
- AI planning
- Uncertain knowledge and reasoning
- Decision making with uncertainty
- Adaptation and machine learning
- Philosophical aspects of AI.
View further information on this unit.