Strategic HRM in the Business Context
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: HRM70006
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit of study will emphasise the practicalities and thinking required of HR Managers to ensure that the actions undertaken by the HR function both prepare and align the organisation’s strategic plans to meet future challenges. The unit will adopt a systemic view to examine how different HR practices align to make a strategic contribution to the organisation. The unit will also adopt a holistic approach to investigate linkages between firm performance, organisational strategy, and HR strategy.
- Theoretical foundations of Strategic HRM
- HR strategy, structure, policy and organisational culture
- Contingency, configurational and best practice approaches
- Facilitating resource deployment through HR architectures
- The global, virtual, and technological context of HR
- HR as a conscience keeper, employee champion, and change agent
View further information on this unit.