Global Screen Studies: Beyond Hollywood
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: MDA30011
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit explores and uses a range of analytical frameworks within screen studies to familiarise students with diverse traditions of international film and television, and allow them to conduct in-depth research into a selected aspect of screen culture.
- Globalisation of screen industries from Hollywood to Bollywood and Nollywood
- Examination of the diverse histories, dynamics and politics of film and television around the world
- Cultural contexts of feature films, documentaries, TV programmes and experimental works
- Conditions of production and reception
- Transnational dimensions of film and television
- Screen research methodologies
View further information on this unit.