Fixed Income and Debt Markets
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: FIN30021
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
Develop a comprehensive understanding of fixed income, debt markets and securities in relation to interest rates, especially for corporations and governments. This also includes bonds with options and structured products.
Throughout the unit, you will analyse credit and interest risk and the performance of fixed income products, especially in light of current and historical economic uncertainties. In addition, you will evaluate the ethical issues surrounding investments in fixed income securities and how financial technology will disrupt this market in the future.
- Types of fixed income securities and their characteristics
- Fixed income and debt markets
- Fixed income valuation and return analysis
- Term structure determination and yield spreads
- Interest rate risk and credit risk analysis
- Valuing bonds and embedded options
- Structured products
- Ethics in investing in fixed income securities
- FinTech advances with the fixed income market.