Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: LAW30002
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to provide students with an understanding of the laws of financial regulations governing the provision of financial services to retail and wholesale clients in Australia. Detailed consideration is given to the role of regulators, the banker- customer relationship, electronic banking, insurance and superannuation. The unit also sensitises students to the ethical considerations faced when dealing with consumers on behalf of financial institutions.
- Brief introduction to the Australian legal system and the regulations relating to the provision of financial services
- Banker and customer
- Legal relationship between lender and borrower
- The Banking Code, Financial Ombudsman Service and the Australian Financial Complaints Authority
- Financial transactions in the digital environment
- Insurance law
- Superannuation law
- Consumer protection
- Ethics in the financial industry
View further information on this unit.