Business Finance and Quantitative Analysis
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: FIN80014
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
The principal objective of the unit is to foster a robust financial awareness in students and enable them to make informed investment and financing decisions for sustainable value creation. It helps students to distinguish between ‘opportunities’ and ‘traps’ as well as the relationship between risk and reward.
- Risk / return trade-off in financial decisions
- Time Value of Money (TVM)
- Investment project evaluation and project selection
- Equity and non-equity sources of capital
- Cost of capital and benchmarks for capital commitments
- Financial diagnosis and leverage analysis
- Working capital, cash and current asset management.