Management of Personal Financial Risk
Duration: 1 teaching period
Unit Code: FIN30018
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to provide students with an understanding of the pervasive nature of pure risk on individual and society. Students will also learn about risk management strategies to manage personal risk. Students upon the completion of the unit will have an overview of how insurance companies operate, the insurance industry in Australia and how insurance policies are written. This unit also aims to introduce students to the various types of insurance policies and the issues of cost, cover and government policies related to these insurance products.
- Introduction to risk management
- Risk Management Application and concept of insurance
- Insurance Industry and the regulation
- Financial Operation of Insurers
- Life Insurance
- Personal Insurance and compulsory insurance
- General Insurance
- Professional insurance
View further information on this unit.