FIN20014 Financial Management
About this unit
The aim of this unit is to enable students to focus on the goals and functions of corporate financial management. It is designed to enable students to acquire an understanding of the scope and nature of the finance function and its role within corporate management.
- An introduction to corporate financial management
- The time value of money
- Valuing shares and bonds
- Capital budgeting, NPV, making capital investment decisions
- Risk and return, capital asset pricing model
- Weighted average cost of capital
- Financial leverage and capital structure policy
This unit is found in Bachelor of Business With a Major in Accounting.