Banking Operations and Governance
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: FIN20013
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit expands the understanding of theoretical concepts introduced in prior units on monetary policy and financial markets. Students will be taken through the development, regulation and deregulation of the Australian financial market, and how changes have corresponded to changes in economic thought. The unit provides an overview of monetary theory, debt, equity and derivative markets and the role of derivative products in risk management. The impacts of how changes in official interest rates are transmitted to activity in the real economy are also explored as are current fiscal and monetary policy.
- The development, regulation, deregulation and performance of the Australian financial system
- Risks of the financial institutions
- Regulatory requirements and Off-Balance-sheet activities
- Interest rate Risk
- Market Risk
- Credit Risk
- Technology and Operational Risk
- Liquidity and Liability & Liquidity Management
View further information on this unit.