Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: ICT30010
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit familiarises student with the workings of the various technologies used to undertake and investigate electronic misconduct. It provides an understanding of forensic tool kits and develops the skills to implement their use. Students will be presented with examples of e-forensic artefacts with each of the technologies.
- File formats, structure, source of production and file systems
- Networks: client-server architecture, LANS, WANS, network protocols
- Mobile technologies: protocols, mobile software, user identification
- Internet: protocols, internet software, user identification
- Forensic tool kits
- Data extraction and forensic copying
- Pattern matching
- Verification and validation
- Anti-forensic techniques
View further information on this unit.