Educational Leadership, Management and Program Assessment
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU30062
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit helps pre-service teachers learn how to successfully work in a variety of leadership and managerial positions within an early childhood service. Pre-service teachers will also gain skills that enable them to be effective communicators.
Topics to be discussed may include:
- Analyse the skills and dispositions required for the roles of early childhood leader and manager and appreciate their inter-connectedness
- Apply current theories and models of leadership and understand how they apply them appropriately to educational settings
- Identify legal requirements for managing and operating early childhood services
- Work collaboratively to develop early childhood policies and procedures
- Critically evaluate principles and strategies for assessment and reporting of student learning and development
- Examine ethical requirements for policies and working in complex partnerships with families, children, colleagues and members of the community.
View further information on this unit.