Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy 2
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU80060
Contact Hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit advances pre-service teacher readiness for teaching their two disciplines in secondary school contexts by building upon the learning from EDU60050 Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy 1. Pre-service teachers will undertake guided and independent investigations to advance their knowledge and skills in planning, teaching, assessing and reporting. Pre-service teachers will further evaluate contemporary approaches to secondary teaching contexts that support diverse learning with diverse learning needs.
- Critical and Creative thinking
- Cultures of Thinking
- Metacognition and self-regulated learning
- Ethical capability
- Philosophy circles and ethical dilemmas
- Social and personal capacity
- Emotional Intelligence programs
- Intercultural understanding
- The Cross Curriculum Priorities: Sustainability; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures; Asia and
- Australia’s Engagement with Asia
- Innovations in national and international curriculum approaches.
- Wellbeing and Mental Health related to secondary school settings
- Value-based unit planning in [Method/s].
- Advanced assessment, feedback and reporting strategies in [Method/s]
View further information on this unit.