Literacy Across the Curriculum
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU80016
Contact Hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit provides pre-service teachers with a range of skills and understandings related to literacy that are now a standard component of the contemporary curriculum environment in Australian schools. By engaging with student-directed inquiry in a range of curriculum areas, pre-service teachers will develop and articulate understanding of the literacy demands and conventions of these areas, and plan for literacy development.
- What is literacy? What does it mean to be literate?
- New media and literacy
- Subject area literacies
- Literacy as a general capability
- Effective teaching of literacy
- Effective assessment of literacy
- Relevant national and/or state or territory curriculum
View further information on this unit.