Transformative Technologies in Education
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU70013
Contact Hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit focuses on the role that current and emerging technologies play within education contexts. Pre-service teachers will research the changing nature of transformative technologies and be able to critically reflect upon the social, ethical and professional expectations that the rise of technology brings to the classroom and to the nature of learning.
Pre-service teachers will investigate contemporary educational practices, and develop their own views and visions about curriculum and education appropriate for the digital age. In this unit pre-service teachers will reflect on, analyse and develop multimodal online educational resources and consider their use within a school curriculum and within broader society.
- Global and local demands on knowledge, skills, values and beliefs in emerging educational context
- The globalised learning environment
- The role of the teacher in an era of rapid change
- Current and emerging learning technologies
- Analysis of criteria for selecting and determining quality in multimedia educational resources
- Multi-literacies, social futures and communities of practice
- Shaping and making effective teaching resources
View further information on this unit.