Science in Primary School
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU70011
Contact Hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit focuses on preparing students to teach science and technology in the primary classroom.
- Relevant National and/or State and Territory curriculum
- STEM: The relationship between Science and Technology
- Contemporary pedagogical approaches and methods of teaching and learning in Science, including the use of Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Principles of planning and assessing within Science
- Strategies for assessing student learning, including the importance and functions of moderation and providing feedback to enhance learning
- Maintaining safe, inclusive and challenging learning environments in a primary Science classroom
- Student engagement
- Science knowledge and concepts
- Resources in science
View further information on this unit.