EDU70011 Science in Primary School
Unit code: EDU70002
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit focuses on preparing students to teach science and technology in the primary classroom.
- The content appropriate for teaching the curriculum for science and technology in the primary classroom
- Methods of teaching science and technology
- Integrating the curriculum
- Design and sequencing of tasks
- Enquiry-based and problem-solving approaches
- Dealing with diversity and individual differences
- Maintaining a safe and challenging learning environment in the primary classroom
- Tools and practices for assessing, recording and reporting student learning
- The use of ICT for communication purposes and for work preparation, presentation and implementation
- The use of ICT to facilitate student learning and support students in activities which are self-regulating and cooperative.
This unit is found in Master of Teaching (Primary).