EDU70007 English in Primary School
Unit code: EDU70007
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
In this unit students reflect on, discuss and produce educational resources focused on textual, aural, visual, digital and social literacies. Within a framework of Multi-literacies, students will reconceptualise literacy to encompass multimodal systems of symbolic representation.
- Analysis of criteria for selecting and determining quality in multi-modal texts for primary children based on a range of theories of literary criticism and literacy development
- Strategies that support children's appreciation and understanding of texts
- Multi-literacies, social futures and communities of practice
- Exploration of the evolution of convergent texts in media, children’s narrative, fiction and non-fiction
- Research and studies in the use of technologies in an integrated curriculum
- Putting sound and images together
- Enhanced books and multimedia narratives
- Use of 3D environments and emerging technologies in communication and learning
- Shaping and making effective teaching resources
This unit is found in Master of Teaching (Primary).