Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy 1
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU60050
Contact Hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to prepare pre-service teachers to plan and teach in their discipline drawing on key curriculum documents. In this unit, students gain knowledge of the principles and practices of teaching and learning. Working with key curriculum documents, pre-service teachers will evaluate contemporary approaches to secondary teaching contexts. They will explore a range of formative and summative assessment practices and strategies for observing, monitoring and planning for teaching and learning -service teachers will also explore feedback principles and reporting in the discipline contexts.
- Contemporary secondary teaching contexts related to Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) and Technological Pedagogical and Content Knowledge (TPACK).
- Discipline-specific structure, content, concepts and skill development in the [METHOD]
- Principles of effective teaching for understanding [METHOD]
- Application of [METHOD] related pedagogical approaches
- Unit planning: template types and unit evaluation
- Assessment strategies and discipline-specific feedback that can support and enhance students’ learning outcome in [METHOD]
- Digital literacies and use of ICT in [METHOD]
- Differentiation in [METHOD] at the junior and senior secondary school levels
View further information on this unit.