Teaching the Humanities
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU40011
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to familiarise students with the many learning areas that make up the Humanities: history, geography, civics, and economics. Students will also learn how to plan, teach and assess these in primary learning environments by working with relevant state and national curriculum documents to become accustomed to the learning outcomes. Also, students will evaluate different approaches to teaching the humanities in primary learning environments and consider contemporary issues when teaching the humanities.
- Contemporary pedagogical approaches and methods of teaching Humanities and Social sciences, including the use of ICT
- Humanities concepts
- Principles of teaching, planning, assessing and reporting within the humanities
- Resources in Humanities
- Strategies for assessing student learning, including the importance and functions of moderation and providing feedback to enhance learning
- Contemporary issues in Humanities teaching
- Informal learning experiences
- Inquiry learning.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Education (Primary).
View further information on this unit.