Assessment for Primary School
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU40010
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
In this unit, students will consider the principles and theory of effective assessment for student learning in the Primary classroom as well as examining contexts in which assessments take place. They will examine a range of assessment practices and strategies, and how they relate to teaching and learning in a variety of contexts. Students will also explore feedback principles, recording and reporting in the primary classroom.
- Contexts for assessment and reporting
- Principles of assessment for learning
- The importance and functions of moderation
- Providing feedback to enhance learning
- Strategies for assessing student learning including peer and self – assessment
- Recording and assessment
- Reporting achievement
This unit is found in Bachelor of Education (Primary).
View further information on this unit.