Supporting Inclusion for Primary
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU40009
Contact Hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to provide students with an understanding of the variety of needs and backgrounds that primary school children can present in the learning environment. Students will become familiar with many of the additional needs and cultural variations among children and how to address them effectively in order to support inclusive practices.
- State department of education policies on children with additional needs and cultural inclusiveness
- Autism, Aspergers Syndrome, ADHD, dyslexia
- What is auditory processing difficulty and how does it impact learning?
- What other learning disabilities affect primary aged children?
- How do teachers support cognitive and social disabilities in the primary learning environment?
- How do primary schools cater to cultural diversity? How does this impact on teaching and learning?
- What policies are in place to cater to cultural diversity and additional needs in primary schools?
- Supporting wellbeing and safety in schools