EDU40007 Integrated Studies
Unit code: EDU40007
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
In this unit students will explore and evaluate learning experiences designed and implemented through the use of integrated studies and interdisciplinary learning design. Students will investigate curriculum and forms of pedagogy to gain an understanding of methods and practices of teaching and learning through integration and interdisciplinary practice. This unit draws on past, current and future practice of subject integration and considers the potential impact and design of integration based on Australian National Curriculum.
- What is an integrated curriculum?
- Why use an integrated curriculum approach?
- How to plan and implement an integrated approach
- Past approaches to curriculum integration
- Current and future considerations of curriculum integration and the impact of the Australian National Curriculum
- Theories of integrated curriculum
- Integrated curriculum and the learning environment