Health and Physical Education
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU30014
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit focuses on preparing students to plan, teach and assess health and physical education in primary learning environments. Students will become familiar with the elements that comprise health education, how they are addressed at different year levels, and how to cater to specific needs of students. They will also gain knowledge in the specific motor skills children should develop through physical education. Links will be made to relevant state curriculum documents.
- State curriculum documents
- Australian Curriculum draft for health and physical education
- Motor skills in primary aged children
- Heath education, including: healthy lifestyles, sexual education, safety education
- Observation and assessment techniques
- Instructional approaches
- Planning sequences for physical education
- Sport in primary school
- Physical education environments
View further information on this unit.