EDU30013 Supporting Diversity and Equity
Unit code: EDU30013
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
In this unit, students will develop an anti-bias approach and explore its implications for teaching and learning. Stereotypes and bias will be explored, helping to foster mutual respect in learning environments. Students will become aware of the responsibility that teaching professionals have and how they can advocate for social justice for children. Students will also recognise how to create equitable learning environments that benefit teaching and learning.
- UN Rights of the Child
- State policies on social justice for children
- State Department of Education policies on mandatory reporting
- Gender equality in learning environments
- Do boys learn differently to girls?
- Pedagogical approaches that support equity and diversity
This unit is found in Bachelor of Education (Primary).